- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions and peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, brown and chop the ground beef over medium heat. Drain the grease.
- Add the onions, peppers, garlic, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and bay leaves.
- Stir and cook the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in water, diced tomatoes, and tomato juice, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the macaroni, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and serve.